- Physical properties: WPCs do not corrode, crack, and are highly resistant to rot, skid, aging and pest damage. Meanwhile, they possess high strength, high hardness, small water absorbency, and they perform well between -40℃ to 75℃.
- Sustainable performance: The raw materials of wood plastic composites are wood powders and polyethylene. During the production, no formaldehyde, benzene or other hazardous chemicals are used, therefore it poses no ill effect to the air and environment. Besides that, our wood plastic composites can be fully recycled.
- Wood feel: Red Forest's wood plastic composite board has a similar appearance to wooden board. And there will be no cracking generated over time. Finished wood plastic composite board can be manufactured in a variety of colors directly, so no secondary coating is needed.
- Workability: Wood plastic composite has good workability, and can be cut, punched and pinned with ordinary tools.
Wood plastic composite board production technology and instructions:
1. Thermoplastics; 2. Pelletizing thermoplastics; 3. Plastic pellets generated; 4. Wood fibers; 5. Pelletizing wood fibers for wood powders; 6. Mixing wood powders and plastic pellets; 7. Forming the final-shaped pellets; 8. Extrusion; 9. Wood plastic composite boards' cutting and assembly; 10. Finished products
- Mixing: Pour plastic pellets, dried wood powders (If asked, bamboo powders, poplar leaf or branch powders are also available), preservatives, antioxidants, colorants, and lubricants into a high-speed mixing machine. When the temperature arrives to 110 degrees, adjust it to 55 and the initial mixture is produced.
- Put the initial mixture into the storage bin of the pelletizing machine. The process is operated by computer software, which enables an even feeding. Then you plastify the mixture at high temperature (heating method: electric heating) for wood plastic pellets.
- Input pre-determined parameters in the extruding machine
Feed corresponding wood plastic pellets into the barrel of the twin-screw extruder according to the pre-determined parameters. Then the materials will be extruded continuously under high temperature and intense pressure condition.
The die is what gives the final composite board its final profile. Therefore, different dies could be used to produce composite boards with different profile shapes.
- Cut composite boards into customized sizes.
- Quality testing for the finished products. And if they are qualified, they will be stored in the warehouse.
- For those unqualified products, we will crush them, and then put them in the extruder again.